Dr. Jussi Tohka
Jussi Tohka received his PhD degree (with commendation) in Signal Processing from the Tampere University of Technology, Finland, in 2003. He was a post-doctoral fellow in the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, University of California, Los Angeles, USA in 2004 - 2005, and thereafter held various research positions – including a highly regarded Academy of Finland research fellow position - at the Department of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology, Finland until being affiliated with the CONEX programme and UC3M in 2015. For over ten years, his research has focused in developing and evaluating data analysis methods for structural and functional brain imaging. He has published over 80 full-length research articles in refereed international journals or conferences and supervised 4 PhD theses to completion as the main supervisor and additional 2 as co-supervisor. Several software tools developed by him and his team are in wide use in medical imaging laboratories around the world. He has been/is acting as associate editor of several international journals. In addition, he has edited 2 journal special issues.
1. J. Tohka, A. Zijdenbos, and A.C. Evans. Fast and robust parameter estimation for statistical partial volume models in brain MRI. NeuroImage, 23(1):84 - 97, 2004.
2. J. Tohka , E. Krestyannikov, I.D. Dinov , A. MacKenzie-Graham, D.W. Shattuck , U. Ruotsalainen, and A.W. Toga. Genetic algorithms for finite mixture model based voxel classification in neuroimaging. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 26(5):696 - 711, 2007
3. J. Tohka , K. Foerde, A.R. Aron, S. M. Tom, A.W. Toga, and R.A. Poldrack. Automatic Independent Component Labeling for Artifact Removal in fMRI. NeuroImage, 39(3):1227-45, 2008.
4. J. Tohka and A. Reilhac. Deconvolution-Based Partial Volume Correction in Raclopride-PET and Monte Carlo Comparison to MR Based Method. NeuroImage,39(4):1570-1584, 2008.
5. J.-P. Kauppi, I.P. Jääskeläinen, M. Sams and J. Tohka . Inter-subject correlation of brain hemodynamic responses during watching a movie: localization in space and frequency,Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 4:5, 2010.
6. A. Pepe, I. Dinov, and J. Tohka . An Automatic Framework for Quantitative Validation of Voxel Based Morphometry Measures of Anatomical Brain Asymmetry. NeuroImage , 100: 444 - 459, 2014 .
7. E. Moradi, A. Pepe, C. Gaser, H. Huttunen, and J. Tohka . Machine learning framework for early MRI-based Alzheimer's conversion prediction in MCI subjects. NeuroImage , 104: 398 - 412, 2015.
8. Khundrakpam BS*, Tohka J*, Evans AC. Prediction of brain maturity based on cortical thickness at different spatial resolutions. NeuroImage , 111:350-359, 2015.
* Equal contribution
9. J. Tohka . Rigid body registration. In Brain Mapping: An Encyclopedic Reference , Volume 1, pages 301 - 305, 2015.
10. H. Huttunen, and J. Tohka . Model Selection for Linear Classifiers using Bayesian Error Estimation. Pattern Recognition, 2015 (in press).