Dra. Cristina Chavarrias Navas
Cristina Chavarrías is a Telecommunications Engineer, specialized in biomedical engineering, who started working in the field of medical imaging in the late 2006. During these years her research has covered a variety of areas related to the acquisition and processing of medical imaging, both clinical and preclinical.
Her experience includes processing and acquisition of neurological studies of magnetic resonance spectroscopy, development of compensation techniques for preclinical respiratory motion X-ray scanners, evaluation of image registration techniques for motion compensation, pattern recognition and classification and reconstruction and quantification of medical imaging.
However her expertise is in the field of magnetic resonance, particularly in functional MRI, and optimization of acquisition sequences and reconstruction and postprocessing in general, given her experience as technical support researcher for a preclinical 7T scanner during 3 years. During her thesis, she optimized experimental protocols acquisition of fMRI studies in rats, she developed specific software for the analysis of preclinical fMRI studies and she has recently worked on the application of techniques to accelerate the acquisition of these studies by "compressed sensing" methodology.
- Practical MRI lessons. Master of Biomedical Engineering 2010. Center for Biomedical Technology, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Practical lessons of basic fMRI analysis. 2012. III National Course on Neuroimaging Statistical Analysis. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid: Madrid.
- Introduction to Computer Science (13h). 2013-2014. Processing and treatment of radiologic images. I.E.S. Escuela Técnico Profesional de la Salud de la Comunidad de Madrid. Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón
- Introduction to Computer Science (9h). 2014-2015. Processing and treatment of radiologic images. I.E.S. Escuela Técnico Profesional de la Salud de la Comunidad de Madrid. Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón
- Bachelor thesis directed: Rodríguez Cámara, M. (2013). Implementation of tools for the compensation of the respiratory motion in positron emission tomography (PET). Department of Bioengineering and Aerospace Engineering. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain. Supervisors: C. Chavarrías and V. García Vázquez.
- Bachelor thesis directed: Romanillos Botella, A. (2014). Feasibility study for brain perfusion analysis using changes of FiO2 (inspired oxygen percentage) and magnetic resonance imaging. Department of Bioengineering and Aerospace Engineering. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain. Supervisors: M. Desco and C. Chavarrías.
Chavarrías, C., Vaquero, J.J., Sisniega, A., Rodríguez-Ruano, A., Soto-Montenegro, M.L., García-Barreno, P. and Desco, M.,"Extraction of the respiratory signal from small-animal CT projections for a retrospective gating method". Phys Med Biol, 53(17): p. 4683-4695 (2008).
Chavarrias, C., Abascal, J.F., Montesinos, P. and Desco, M.,"Exploitation of temporal redundancy in compressed sensing reconstruction of fMRI studies with a prior-based algorithm (PICCS)". Med Phys, 42(7): p. 3814 (2015).
Chavarrías, C., García-Vázquez, V., Alemán-Gómez, Y., Montesinos, P., Pascau, J. and Desco, M.,"fMRat: an extension of SPM for a fully automatic analysis of rodent brain functional magnetic resonance series". Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing: p. 1-10 (2015).
+34 91 426 50 67 ext 15
cchavarrias at hggm.es